Rare Close to Downtown Boquete House for Sale on Nearly an Acre of Land with Views in a Tropical Setting – Furnishings Included – Casa en Venta Cerca del Centro de Boquete – Mobiliario Incluido
This is a rare, close-in, approx 3500 M2 (translates to just under an acre) which was once part of a much larger coffee finca, close to town yet away from the noise.
It is located less than one mile from the bridge and feria, 2-3 min by car, 15-20 min walking, up the road from El Oasis Hotel and the BPC meeting place. The nearby bus stop and easy, inexpensive taxi access make a car a convenience but not a necessity, and with so many places to explore from this spot, it is a hiker’s dream.
The property features a lovely and very comfortable 1 bedroom, 1 bath home, built in 2006 to the owner’s specifications, which includes beautiful custom built, locally sourced wood cabinets and a built in desk/entertainment center.
The house has been lovingly cared for and lightly used as a vacation home and very occasional rental for vacationing friends and family. At 750 square feet, this light-filled home may sound small, but it lives large with high cathedral ceilings (15 ft at the peak) and a 500 sq ft covered and tiled terrace space, accessed from beautiful hand built french doors.
The terrace is the focal point of the home, built to maximize the view overlooking a beautiful piece of property and beyond, across the valley into Jaramillo Centro y Jaramillo Arriba. It is a birders paradise where you can relax with a favorite beverage while feeling as if you are living in a tropical tree house. With coffee plants, fruit trees, bananas, and more, this property holds incredible potential. There is ample room for gardening or landscaping to your heart’s content, or leave it as is and enjoy its low maintenance natural beauty.
Expansion possibilities and/or income potential abound. The septic was designed to accommodate an additional, larger home and there is room to expand the existing home and/or build a small casita as well.
Currently the house is a perfect low maintenance, part time vacation home or rental property. It would also make a great full time home for a retired couple looking for a quiet country atmosphere without all the upkeep of a large home and landscaped yard. Of course if you plan to build your dream home, you are right here on the property to supervise construction.
What makes this home and property extra special is its LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! It is conveniently close to everything, no making an excursion down a bumpy dirt road if you forgot that one important item at Romero’s, yet it is just outside the hustle and bustle of downtown life. This makes it easy to get out and about, but then return quickly to relax and unwind after spending time at the local festivals, expat gatherings and events (walking distance to the Tuesday Meetings), a visit with friends, or those inevitable trips to David.
- Built in 2006
- One bedroom, one bath
- Has 20 year property tax exemption (until 2026)
- ~ 750 square feet of indoor living space, with ~ 15′ vaulted ceiling and ceiling fans
- Ceramic tile floors throughout house, tile countertops in kitchen, fully tiled bathroom
- ~500 square feet of covered terrace, with a view over the property and of Cerro Jaramillo
- Ceramic tile floors on entire terrace
- Septic system sized to allow construction of another, larger house
- Electric range
- Stacking washer/dryer
- In-line, on-demand electric water heater
- ~ 230 sf basement storage area with steel security door
- Water storage tank in basement
- Full-house UV water treatment unit
- Steel security bars over windows, and steel security doors in front of wood doors
- Built-in wood desk/entertainment unit in living area
- Cable Onda Internet and phone service (Cable TV an option)
- Custom made wood closet in bedroom
Furnishings & Other Included Items
- Dining room set, glass top table and 4 chairs
- Brown plush love seat
- Two wood side chairs
- Wood end table
- Queen-sized bed
- Two wood nightstands
- Wood dresser
- Two glass-top patio tables and 4 chairs
- Sharp stereo w/CD changer
- 32″ Samsung LED TV
- Dishes, glassware, silverware, storage containers, platters, etc.
- Five original artwork paintings
- Household tools (shop-vac, tall aluminum ladder, hand tools)
- Garden tools (shovel steel rake, clippers, hose, machete, etc)
- 3,486 square meters in size
- Approximately half of property in coffee replanted in 2017
- Fruit trees (bananas, oranges, limes)
- Existing concrete bodega for potential additional storage
- Many large trees
- Less than 1 mile from center of Boquete (3 minute drive, 15-20 minute walk)
- On quiet side of ridge, not bothered by city/feria noise
Casa en Venta Cerca del Centro de Boquete – Mobiliario Incluido
La casa incluye hermosos gabinetes de madera de origen local hechos a medida y un escritorio de entretenimiento incorporado. tiene grandes techos altos, y una terraza a la que se accede desde hermosas puertas francesas construidas a mano y en el jardin cuenta con plantas de café, árboles frutales, plátanos y más.